Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why I Love Pole Dancing

Pole dancing is not just for strippers any more. No matter what your body type, skinny or fat, tall or short and even bowlegged...you can and will dance. I've seen all types in my classes. While your assets may determine if you can do some moves easier than others, in general the more you dance the easier it becomes and the more strength you build. Eventually with enough practice you will get the moves down, and that's what I love about pole dancing so much. Anybody can do it! Guys too!

When I first started, I didn't have any upper body strength to lift myself up. I didn't have enough core strength to do inversions. Honestly, I didn't want to become muscly or have a lot of definition in my body. But I've become really proud of all muscles I've toned because now it just means I can do climbs, twirls and inversions better!

My first class of a 5-week choreographed dance class last night really showed me how much I've improved since day one. And for me, any improvement is good no matter how small! The class had a lot of beginners and first timers that I have never seen in the other classes that I attend, so when I saw the expression on one girl's face when they saw Christina and Ellen twirl around the pole effortlessly it brought me back to my first Total Pole class. I was like, that was me just eleven classes ago!!

Even though I come out of pole classes bruised (and sometimes even cut!), I absolutely love it!

Ok, are you ready for the SECOND reason why I LOVE pole dancing? Because of the SHOES!!!! OMG. I cannot describe how much I love platform heels. It's like costumes for your feet! Here are all my recent obsessions I found all on Snaz75...

Tony Shoes Piping Hot in Pink ($38.99)



Tony Shoes Piping Hot in Black



Tony Shoes Bulleted Sandal 431 in Black ($95.99)



I really want them in white! And I'll make the bullets work on the pole!



Pleaser Delight 601T...I just thought it was cool that they were BLUE! ($39.99)



Ellie Shoes 609 Edgy ($51.99)



Ellie Shoes 609 Edgy on Model

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Are there really guys in the class? I'd like to try! :^D Have you ever seen the episode of King of Queens where Carrie gets a pole for their bedroom? Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't heard of any studios that allow men into their class as part of an audience or to even be students. Most studios are women only, but pole dancing moves come super easy to guys because their muscle strength and center of gravity is higher. That definitely does not stop men from pole dancing though! I can't wait to bring home my own pole!

    ReplyDelete