Monday, February 22, 2010

I Feel Pretty

I just signed up for Poletential's 5-week "Pretty" series taught by Christina (and Ellen!) to learn a choreographed dance, because I'm not that great at free-styling. I bet if I had my own pole it would be a lot easier to practice a dance though!

The class was packed, mostly with faces I've never seen before in the drop-in classes. Since the class is themed Pretty, Christina is going to focus a lot on form (pointed toes! chest out! arch that back!) and incorporate a scarf into the dance. At the end of the class we practiced the dance with the scarves...lets just say that it wasn't Pretty.

We didn't get to practice this move in last night's class, but we're going to do a climb into a Ballerina . Ellen helped me with contorting into this move. It's like become a human pretzel on a pole. Once you're comfortably on the pole, you move the top half of your body to the front of the pole (it hurts at first!). Then you grip the pole high with your left hand and let go of your back (?) leg.

Step 1:
Stand arms length away from the pole (on the right side of the pole). Move your hips to the music. Slide out right leg and back.

Step 2: Three-point turn and kick one leg while you hold onto the pole. Inside leg steps to the left and kick again.

Step 3: Walk around the pole into an Attitude Twirl. For this step you can pull off your scarf and hold it out with your left arm while you spin around the pole.

I seriously can't remember all the steps...but I do know at some point we climb the pole, do an inversion and do all these other moves I don't know the names too! Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment