Thursday, February 4, 2010

Treacle



I had no idea what treacle was until I wiki-ed it...I just remember the word from watching Alice in Wonderland as a child. I'm most certain they used it at the Mad Hatter's tea party. It had something to do with the little mouse. Anyways, if you're interested in knowing what treacle is this is what wiki told me...

Treacle is the generic name for any syrup made during the refining of sugar cane and is defined as "uncrystallized syrup produced in refining sugar". Treacle is used chiefly in cooking as a form of sweetener or condiment.

Despite my ignorance of treacle as a sweetner, I still think it's a cute name and now I'm in the process of thinking about calling myself treacle. lol. I know it doesn't make any sense so I may drop it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment