Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank You Malibu Strings Winter Sale!


Do you know what's the worst part of online shopping? The wait. I'm not a very patient person and I love instant gratification...

It took me a while but I finally made my Malibu Strings bikini purchase! A girl loves selection, but damn if you give her that many she's either going to be there all day or have to get them all. And I would have no problem making multiple purchases from Malibu Strings if I somehow found myself in the care of a wealthy provider...but I hate asking for things. I want, I get now. And I get what I want.

Malibu Strings has so many styles and colors that I want including neon, liquid metal, and baby pink. Even all of them look great on the models, I had to pick one that I knew I would love wearing. I ended up conflicted between the bronze "Gold Mine" and black and gold "Crocodile Beach." Unless I had a tan, the bronze wasn't really going to look amazing against my skin, so I went with the Crocodile Beach since I also love how the model paired it with rhinestone heels. I will get me some rhinestone heels too.

After finally deciding on a pattern, I had to pick which bikini style! The decision making never ends! Since I originally searched for a bikini retailer that sold scrunchie bottoms, I had to get the Rio Srunchie Bottom ($52) they're known for. This bikini actually was special in that it had a cyrstal variation bikini top and bottom. So I got the Crystal Triangle Top ($39) and the Malibu Crystal String bikini bottom ($49) that the model also wears.

If you're going to wear blinged out heels, you need to compliment it with bling on the bikini. I got two bottoms since I knew that depending on where I'm going, some people might take too much ass as an offense. If I find myself in Miami, I will defintiely bring out the string bikini bottom. I would get arrested if I tried it here in Cali.

My bill ended up to be around $130 (I wasn't fond of the extra California shipping charge...haters! What's up with that?? They're made in LA. Hello!!). I saved $28 because of the 20% off winter sale discount which definitely made this pruchase a lot easier to make. Even though I know it's pricey to get 3 pieces, I knew I wanted it and that I would wear it. I have to think of Vegas!

2 comments:

  1. That 'kini is hot! I'm gonna have to check out that site. I think the triangle top is definitely the way to go and those shoes are amazing. Can't wait to see you in the bikini! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this bikini is perfect! I love wearing black but I also love the gold and rhinestones too! It drives me crazy that I can't find out where the heels are from : ( Hopefully the bikini will arrive next week!

    ReplyDelete