Friday, February 5, 2010

Let The Nesting Begin: Sinful Bedding


Since I moved back home, I couldn't use the bedding I bought for a twin mattress while I was living in a studio in Berkeley. Even though I knew I would be losing a lot of my independence by moving back home, I knew that I could re-do my entire room. Moving is a pain in the ass for a lot of people, but to me I get a sick excitement. I love re-arranging things so that I can display my most precious belongings beautifully. This includes shoes, clothes, lingerie, magazines, and photos.

Even though I don't find myself in my bed that often, it's a huge focal point in your bedroom. Like the clothes you wear on your back, I think how you decorate your room tells a lot about who you are. I knew when I went bedding shopping tonight that I wanted to go for something dark and sultry. I wanted it to be a backdrop that would accentuate the mood I would try to create.


By far this has been the most luxurious bedding I've ever bought. I started at Target first because I love that place. Unfortunately, the didn't have any deep purples or blues. My heart was set on finding purple bedding from the beginning, but I would compromise for a silver or dark grey if the style was nice.


My friend and I found a dark grey comforter set that I'm still getting used to right now. It kind of looks like foil when you take a picture of it. Keep in mind the pictures make them look a lot brighter than they are in regular lighting.


But I absolutely love the Egyptian cotton eggplant sheet set I bought from Walmart out of all places. I'm seriously surprised by the quality of Egyptian cotton. While I was ironing everything, the sheets fell against my feet and I couldn't help thinking how sinful they felt.

I definitely have some rules now about getting into bed. As a prerequisite, you need to have taken a shower. If you're not clean, then you better be getting it on because these sheets are too amazing. Who knew that cotton could shine like satin?

I have to put away my ergonomic pillow now. It's not sexy enough to be on my bed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment