Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vegas: The Mecca for Young, Hot, Single Ladies

First of all I apologize for being away for so long! I have been recuperating from vacation overload and I finally feel like everything's back to normal again. Now that I have time to gather all my memories and thoughts together I can finally share with you what happened in Vegas.

Vegas went by in a flash. I never knew that Sin City could be as fun for girls as it is for men. This was my second trip to Vegas. The first time I went it was as a couple, so it's safe to say that I missed out on a lot that makes Vegas Vegas. This time I was sure that I didn't want to waste any time at the buffets, shopping, walking the strip or watching expensive shows.

Day One: Friday

After an interesting conversation with a transsexual at the BART station about performing, a never-ending BART ride of transfers to SFO, and a 2 hour wait at the gate, we finally boarded our snazzy Virgin Airlines plane!!! And they didn't take our luggage away from us either! We were miraculously able to fit them into the overhead compartment somehow...what a relief!

Once we got our rooms, I don't think we wasted any time unpacking and getting dressed to start our evening. At this time, I didn't know that our trip was going to be fucking awesome. We didn't do any research on dinner spots, so we quizzed our hotel concierge for some delicious recommendations. She made reservations for us at Olives at the Bellagio, which turned out to be one of my favorite dining experiences. Not only was the service exceptional, the restaurant was olive scented and the food (everything down to the bread basket) was sinful. After embarrassingly stuffing our faces full of the bread basket, we chowed on a butter nut squash tortellini (that I still dream about) and a fig and prosciutto flat bread. You couldn't eat more than two tortellinis without feeling deathly ill afterward. It was like someone literally punishing you for not eating in moderation. Their cosmopolitans were delicious too. I just sampled a little bit of my friend's before she inhaled one and then another. They were that good!

We had to sit for a while to let the food settle. It was a surprisingly rich and filling dinner. Afterward we caught a cab to Tryst nightclub at the Wynn. There are a lot of clubs in Vegas, but Tryst will always have a special place in my heart (especially since it was my first Vegas club!). If you can find a way to get yourself out of line and walking toward the club, you walk down a beautiful staircase into a room full of mirrors. When you walk inside all you you see is a waterfall, massive dance floor and go-go dancers. Since we got in early (and free with the help of a group that needed two more ladies!) we walked around the club to explore. We want to go back here to have our bachelorette party since it's so beautiful and chill outside next to the waterfall.




It didn't take me too long to find the pole with a stage in the back. After confirming with the ominous security guard standing right next to it that we can indeed dance on it, we finally accomplished what we set out to do in Vegas. Pole dance!!!


I feel like we weren't there for too long before we were dragged to Prive in Planet Hollywood. I have nothing against Planet Hollywood and Prive the club itself, but they need a new crowd. Anyway, being a go-go dancer in the Pleasure Pit looks like an awesome job...only if the dancers weren't half-assing it and using the pole!

Day Two: Saturday

Even though I was really tempted to go to Drei's after hour the night before, we decided to call it an early night so we could get our beauty rest for the pool party that awaited us the next morning. I've only heard that pool parties were the events to go to while in Vegas. And that person was right!!!


We actually got up super early to go to Wet Republic at MGM grand. I didn't even know what time they opened. We were in line at 10:30 AM and they didn't open until 11AM! But we were so glad we did, because when they opened we got to purchase the lounge chairs before they were all sold out. The lounge chairs were kind of pricey...$150 each but they included food, drink and merchandise credit. It was too difficult to spend $300 between the both of us and at the end of the day (6PM-ish) I ended up buying a pair of sunglasses and we gave the rest of the credit to our waitress.





There's really nothing like drinking, eating, dancing and sun bathing at a Vegas pool party...especially when you have awesome MTV reality people to talk to and are invited to a VIP cabana next to Audrina's. It was probably one of the more expensive parties we went to, but it was SO worth it! When I'm going back I'm doing this again!


As if 7 hours of partying in the sun isn't enough for us, we get back and get ready for round two! Tonight we have our hearts set on XS. Although this place is more than double the size of Tryst and has 16 dance poles...there was something about the crowd that threw me off. The one memorable thing about this club was the glowing stage the pole was on. Beautiful.









I think we left early and had champagne at the Encore afterward. Maybe we were a little burnt out.

Day Three: Sunday

Another pool party! Yay! Since Rehab isn't open yet, we went to Tao Beach at the Venetian. This time we didn't have to pay for our seats, but that's because we went super early and it was first come first serve. The food and drinks here were so much better! Yummy coconut battered shrimp sticks! Gimme gimme! This venue was a lot smaller and on a Sunday I found it more chill...which was exactly what we needed.


We were invited to a VIP cabana for an Australian bachelor pre-wedding party...yes this dude was about to leave in 2 hours for his wedding...and we got more free food and drinks! Yes! We also made friends with the host there and another TAO/TAO Beach/LAVO promoter. The promoter invited us to his VIP table with drinks that evening at LAVO. Since we didn't have any plans my answer was YES!

I guess I was a little skeptical about Lavo since I've never heard of it...but it was amazing. Yes it was amazing. It was gorgeous. It was beautiful. It was classy. It was sophisticated. And it was sexy. In addition to the two of us, we were meeting up about 10 other girls the promoter invited and we finally made our way up to the club part of LAVO at 11PM-ish. That's when the fun begins!! We had free drinks all night and we all danced on stage. The go-go dancers there were ACTUAL GO-GO dancers, not like the rest of them wannabes.

After LAVO, we were dragged to the 11t floor of Hard Rock for their dorm days...um...no comment. Where we should've been was Vanity!! Argh!

At the end of this crazy night we tried to go to Spearmint and failed. But next time we will go dammit and no one will stop us!

Day Four: Monday

I had the best soft pretzel and soft serve ice cream at the airport.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful detailed post. It looks like you had a wonderful and talented time. I'm sure you impressed all who saw your pole dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I was way too lazy to go into so much detail, but I just relived Vegas through your post. I'm getting excited again...

    ReplyDelete