Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Fragrance Collection


So like the shopping addict I am, I went to Macy's after work today to take a look at the Versace perfume and cologne I would soon be purchasing with my friend's handy dandy discount! I couldn't decided on which set to get, the 1.7 oz or the 3.4oz for both fragrances. I would really be getting an amazing deal on either set, I just couldn't decide if I wanted a good size bottle or a huge bottle that will last me the rest of my life. In the end, my girlfriend persuaded me to get both of the large sets. And it was great advice!


I love how this bottle has a huge crystal on top! I think it actually made me want to buy it even more! While the 3.0 FL. OZ. set that comes with the perfumed body lotion and perfumed shower gel would normally cost me $84. I got it for around $60!


After much internal debate of whether I should purchase cologne, I finally decided to go for it. The vendor told me that it wasn't a really strong men's cologne so that I could most definitely wear it out if I wanted to. I really love this scent and will spray it in my bedroom every night before I go to sleep. It's just so soothing.


Normally the Eau Fraiche 3.4 FL. OZ. gift set would cost $68, I got it for around $48! And it's a huge bottle. I know that in most people's eyes my purchases are extravagant, but these types of purchases make me extremely happy. And I had a rough day.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that for a limited time Macy's was also giving away matching miniature sets if you bought the large gift set. So I got two baby gift sets of the same perfume and cologne! Score! I ended up giving the two baby Bright Crystal perfume bottles and the gift set to my girlfriend who gave me the hook up. Well earned I would say.


I have no idea why it came out sideways. Sephora describes this fragrance as seductive, elegant and charismatic. All very good words. The notes are White Lemon, Rosewood, Carambola, Tarragon, Cedar Leaves, Clary Sage, Musk, Amber, Sycamore Wood. It must be the lemon that attracted me because I used to wear Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue.


This scent is described as Sheer, Sensual and Luminous. It's definitely sheer and luminous because I have to spray a lot to even smell like this throughout the entire day. And the notes are Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, Vegetal Amber, Musk. I think it was the pomegranate and peony notes that attracted me to this scent. For the most part, I always wear light fragrances so these two were perfect for me.

I know that I have a silver tray somewhere in my house. I just need to find it. One of the things that I love to do is display the things I treasure. You guys already know that I do this with my shoes, photos, bras, make-up...now I can do it with my fragrances!

No comments:

Post a Comment