Friday, April 30, 2010

Shopbop Picks

I'm a very predictable person when it comes to personal style. My body type has restricted me to certain outfit combos that I have learned to exploit to my fullest advantage.

If you were a stalker and watched me leave my house every day and kept a log of what I wore, you would know within a week that the primary color I utilize is BLACK.


From left to right: Equipment Sisley Blouse, Elegantly Waisted Micah Belt, Alice+Olivia Ballerina Bodysuit in Safari.

I would wear all three of these outfits. I actually just recently bought a sheer, black button down blouse from American Apparel and LOVE it. I love how other girls style it.


I'm currently searching for the perfect boyfriend blazer with lining. So far Zara has offered the best out of all the stores I have scouted. For some reason, I am absolutely dying to find an olive colored anything. I even dreamed about it last night!

When I go out at night, I always wear something tight. But I don't wear hoochie mama outfits. I like to describe my style as understated, demur, and sophisticated.

I tend to pair frilly or loose tops with a tight mini skirt. I do this all the time because it really compliments my body. I have finally come to accept that I can't wear dresses. But if I could, I probably be wearing Herve Leger.


Alice+Oliva Body Suit, American Retro Nirvana Dress, Rebecca Minkoff Claudia Dress.

Something new that I'm doing is pairing lace corset tops with mini skirts. You can definitely use this combo for the day or night. I've already experimented with the combo on a date and in Vegas. I also really like see-thru lace right now too. It's everywhere.


Nightcap Clothing Lace Camisole and Kettle Black Studded Corset.

Since spring is here, it only feels natural for all of us to start bringing out our frills. I'm a sucker for frills. I don't have curves, so anything that makes me look less like a skinny boy with long hair is a plus. I could wear silky shorts and loose tanks everyday.


Tibi Carnaval Embroidered Tank, Catherine Malandrino Relaxed Couture Ruffle Dress, and Diane von Furstenburg Figue Top.

I think if I had to dress up everyday, I'd probably go to work in these skirt-top combos. Again, very predictable.


Plastic Island, Rachel Roy Graphic Black Sleeveless Dress, and Alice+Olivia Molly Mod Dress.

I'm not a big jewelry person because ever since I broke out wearing fake metal I decided to just avoid it altogether. Plus I don't wear plastic. But I'm missing out on the costume jewelry and wearing watches! But if I did wear jewelry, it would be the most feminine pieces I could find.


Rachel Leigh Zelda Crystal Stud Earrings, Bop Bijou Pyramid Studs, and Kenneth Jay Lane Shadow Drop Earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment