Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Afternoon Shopping Spree

If I didn't go out shopping on my lunch break, I might have killed myself via jumping off the fourth floor of my building on to beautiful marble. No, not really, but I wasn't feeling very well. At least when I'm outside I can distract myself. And if I have an agenda, than that's even better.

So I couldn't wait around to find the perfect silk Romper with frills and pockets, so I just decided to make the trip to Urban Outfitters and buy the one I saw online. Thankfully they had one in XS! They also had other colors there that I didn't see online like a weird grey and a green (that I should've tried on!)


Lucca Couture Silky Zip-front Romper - $58

I was also on the hunt for my boyfriend blazer that I know is out there somewhere. I couldn't find one. So I settled with a long cardigan that I've been intending to buy for over a year! I finally found one at Express. They actually have a lot of cute cardigans, I just never follow through. I escaped with just one. I almost bought another one in a different style in white. It would've been perfect for spring!


Express Elbow-Length Sleeve Flyaway Cardigan - $39.90

So I wore this outfit out to a lounge in the City. I would have to say I received an overwhelming amount of compliments from my own sex, than I did from men. But I think that was to be expected. While women are on top of trends for the current season and do their best to replicate what they see in magazines in real life (even if their male-counterparts don't understand it or find it aesthetically displeasing), men have no clue what's going on. For all they know, the romper is a weird overall hybrid that looks like a dress. Dummies!

Oh well. I still love it.

2 comments:

  1. I think most guys know if a girl is looking hot, but may not actually know what it is exactly they like about her clothes/hair etc. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally makes sense. They see an overall picture but are oblivious to the details. Men! Bah!

    ReplyDelete