Monday, March 1, 2010

Pretty Pole Dance: Day Two

I don't want to be one of those people who cry, whine and bitch, but I do and I think I did or at least to myself on the way home after practice tonight. Thirty minutes into tonight's practice I was thinking about how hungry I was and how much I really just wanted to take a nice long break. I always think it will be cute to leave my hair down during practice so I can flip it, but half way into practice when my hair gets sweaty I don't think it was such a bright idea any more. Hold on! Now I know why Christina's hair is cut short! Brilliant!

Ok, so I wanted to share my boring good news with all of you!!! Tonight I inverted! But I didn't invert into a Crucifix, I V-ed out my legs into a Chopper!!!!! Yay! I know this is a small feat to accomplish, but I don't utilize my abs enough and I finally forced myself into it tonight. The coffee and Mighty Grip powder might've also helped...BTW I'm going to get me some of that Mighty Grip. My hands always get sweaty half way into practice and then the pole becomes a slip 'n slide. Soooo dangerous!

Like in our first day of the 5-week Pretty series taught by Christina and Ellen, we went over the twirls, climbs and inversions first before we pieced them all together at the end. We reviewed the Attitude Twirl, Chair Twirl & Pin-up Chair Twirl variation, Carol Twirl(walking left and twirl to the ground), Inverted Thigh Hold (AKA Tammy) and Skater pose from a climb.

This is me doing an Inverted Thigh Hold...please ignore the silly smile! Ont he bright side, my inverted smile didn't up as a frown!



It helps to squeeze that thigh for dear life, because if you don't it feels like you're going to end up face first into that floor.

Since I'm not great with choreography, I ended up watching Christina piece together all the moves at the end of the class. Half the time I didn't even know what I was doing, but it was fun! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment