Monday, March 8, 2010

Bedazzeled Nails



This weekend I made it a point to get a mani/pedi at Pink and White Nails, a nail salon a friend recommended to me. I wanted to go to a salon that was conveniently close, reasonably priced, with a good selection and reputation for being sanitary. There's nothing more scary than getting an infection from someone else' fungus. Eww!

I especially needed to have my nails polished for tomorrow's event (yay!) and I wasn't about to paint my own nails after attempting several times last week. It doesn't matter how pricey the nail polish is, I will always mess up my nails. After about the first stroke of the brush I get lazy and start half-assing everything. It gets pretty messy.

I didn't even intend on getting fake or acrylic nails because of my experience of getting them for Senior Prom. In general, my nails are really weak and brittle. They don't grow out too long before I have to cut them because they get ugly. But since I had a problem choosing a color for my manicure and then saw the samples for the pink & white powder nail design, I couldn't resist it! It took me a while to finally pick the silver sparkle tips ($40)...there were a lot of fun choices! But I told myself it's OK, I can get my nails done again before Vegas!

Now that I have fake nails on, and they don't really get in the way of pole dancing...I might just become a regular at Pink & White. After your 10th mani/pedi you get $10 off any of their services.

No comments:

Post a Comment