Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretty Pole: Day Five

I came to class in a bad mood and with a negative attitude and I let it ruin my class. Right before class I was rushing to do some errands, and that involved waiting in line at Kaiser's pharmacy. Ugh!!! I HATE lines. It took me an entire hour to get that done. I just had enough time to rush home and grab my things for class. I drove like a mad woman to Redwood City. I wasn't about to miss another class. I can't even remember the last time I danced, it seems like forever...which definitely explains why I was so rusty. Attitude twirl? What's that? Hook ankle hook dammit!

In general it felt pretty good to be practicing again. It's just that twirling is my weakness and the Pretty Pole dance routine is basically made up of the Attitude, Betty Pin-up Chair and Basic twirls. What was kind of neat was that Christina taught us how to add a twist the the chair twirl. In addition to opening your thoracic (chest), you lean your rib cage to the side and bend your head too. It looks really pretty if your hair is down and makes you go around the pole faster...if you did it right you get dizzy.

Another highlight from today's class was that I wore my new black platforms and I LOVE them! My new FAVORITE pair!!! They're sooo hot and easy to dance in. I just don't want to do the moves in them because I know that they'll get scratched and messed up!! Stupid Carol twirl also messed up my pedicure I just got yesterday too! Bah! Maybe I should start wearing socks to class. Haha!

Even though this series is supposed to consist of only 5 classes, Christina is adding one on for free! Yippee! Which means that next Monday she will be filming us dancing to songs. I strongly do not want to be filmed since I don't want to look like a fool. But if I did, I would dance to "Hey Daddy" by Usher. I wish my pole would get here already!!!

Sooo at the end of class I took the opportunity to practice my Caterpillar inversion. For some crazy reason, the sheer difficulty of it makes me want to do it. And I know I can if I just practice. It's crazy how your body automatically gets used to movement after repeating it several times. I was actually surprised how easy it was to push my ass up. What I'm really afraid of doing is doing a Reverse Caterpillar because that means I would have to release my knees and push up my legs so that I'm totally vertically on the pole (however short that may be). But I will do it! And when my pole comes I'm going to master that move even if it kills me!

So another thing to complain about...I keep getting bruises. I don't want to climb because I get bruises so easily. There has to be some way I can climb without bruising...but on a happy note, my shoes make it easy to climb in. I love that sticky sound on the pole, that means I have to do less work!

1 comment:

  1. Stage fright is an interesting thing. I've been in bands before and know what it's like. There was a song called "Stage Fright" by "The Band" which had once been known as "Big Pink" and backed up Bob Dylan. The words to the song were so true. Once the performance is through you'll want to do it all over again. It's just the worrying if the practice was enough and anticipation that is hard to overcome. More practice helps. Hope you get your pole soon.

    ReplyDelete