Friday, March 5, 2010

Jenyne Butterfly Workshop


Everything said about Jenyne Butterfly is true. She's inspirational, pure muscle and a beautiful dancer. I used to be bias about leggy dancers...as in the taller you are the more attractive the performance. But Jenyne has definitely changed my perception after watching her twirl around the pole like a silk ribbon. From now on my standards of pole performances will be based off of Jenyne...which just makes everyone else look kind of sloppy, including me!!



After being undecided about attending Jenyne's workshop for over 2 weeks, I finally decided at the last minute to suck up the cost and just do it. It was the best $65 I've ever spent. Not only was she an amazing dancer, but Jenyne also instructed the class in a way that made even the most difficult moves doable for people at any level.

She took suggestions in the beginning as to what to instruct us on, including the Tornado, Cross Grip, Yogini...



Apprentice into a Superman....





Aysha, and Caterpillar...


The Caterpillar inversion/climb is one of my least favorite due to difficulty and bruises I get all over my knees and front of my feet (death grip anyone?). But after doing some conditioning exercises that simulated the motion, I was able to invert, get into position and shove my ass up into the air. I was able to wrap my elbow around the pole, but to push my legs up the pole to crawl up again was a little bit too much for me. I felt more comfortable doing the conditioning exercises with both my hands flat on the ground. But at least I'm getting somewhere now!

I also really loved all the other moves she taught us in class. Although I did bruise up like I do in my other classes, I left the class so happy that I actually was really happy and proud of them for the first time!

Although I initially walked into the workshop extremely intimidated, I left more confident and with new moves under my belt. Thanks Jenyne!

No comments:

Post a Comment