Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pole Class: Day Two

I found out today that the Saturday day class I attend is the 2nd most difficult class they offer. Every "Total Pole" session is a completely new class (versus a progressive series) where you are taught anywhere from 3-5 new pole moves. Today's lead instructor was Amy, who looks exactly like Amber! They're sisters.

Since I couldn't do all the advanced moves (Cradle, Cradle w/ V, Russian "Anna" pose...), Christina taught some of us basic variations. The highlight of the class was learning how to do the basic Scorpio inversion on the pole. That's hanging upside down on the pole with one leg on the pole and another hanging off and pointed towards the ground while your back is arched. They didn't teach us the complete move, but I did most of it! And afterward I don't think I could use my left arm for a good 2 hours. Not to drive, not to scratch my noise...nothing. But it was sooo worth it! BTW I have bruises on my foot, side, and arm. Very sexy.

I really wish that I could practice these moves at home on a pole. Sadly I'll be moving back in with the parents so I can save money for school. So I don't think I'll be getting a portable pole any time soon, unless I want to share with my parents my extra-curricular activities. Haha. That would make a very funny story.

Next time I'll ask someone to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment