Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pole Class: Day Three

I was dreading class today. Why? Because of the inevitable pain and it's really bad for my ego. lol. But I actually was intent on getting a picture taken this time of me in a pose...unfortunately, we were doing more spins and climbs...spins and climbs that I didn't really master. But at least I tried! And I have the evidence to prove it!

I'm going to describe most of the moves we did and the steps to do them...

We started off with the chair spin...you start off by gripping the pole with one hand and as you take a step with your inside leg, you swing your outside leg out (for momentum). When you swing your outside leg out in a 90 degree angle, you use your other hand to push against the pole. Then you bring both legs together into a position like you are sitting in a chair and swing around the pole. For me, the most difficult part of the move was pushing against the pole instead of pulling it towards me. You're really supposed to have some space between yourself and the pole. I got some serious pole burn from doing that move wrong...


Then we did a variation of the Chair, which was the Mermaid...you basically do the same thing as the Chair move but you end up turning your body in the opposite direction and use your ankles to grip the pole as you slide down. There was also another variation of this where you use the inside of your knees to grip the pole as you slide down. I didn't really get to this point...

After all that fun, we were taught the very sexy Rockette Kick...gripping the pole with both hands you swing your inside leg out to your left side and then swing up your outside leg into the air...at some point it will look like a sidways v. When your outside leg is in the air, the momentum will cause you to swing around the pole where you can grip the pole in between your inner thighs and sort of lay out flat mid-pole. Did I do this one right?...noooo.

We did some climbing in between...the bunny hop and some other one...but I'm not too big on climbing right now...

Lastly, Amber saved the hardest for the last trick. The Catepillar and the backward Catepillar. First you need to invert on the pole. After you're hanging upside down you arch your back away from the pole and grip it with one hand. Instead of the pole in between your inner thighs, it should be between your knees and ankles. You should have a firm grip, or else it's a no go. Then you push your ass up into the air, kind of like you were a cat stretching. Once you're in this position you can do a body wave on the pole. I was actually really disappointed with myself that my body forgot how to invert. I finally got there, but I had to take my shoes off and once it actually flew off my feet... : ) funny.


By the end of the class I think I wanted to collapse. My arms felt like they were about to come out of their sockets, and only my skin were keeping them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment