Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer Trends and Colors: Bebe Summer 2010 Catalog


One Shoulder Chainmail Sleeve Top $54

The Bebe Summer Catalog perfectly illustrates the colors, prints, trends and key pieces to look out for this summer.

Not surprisingly, rompers and jumpsuits have returned. These are so versatile that you can basically where them for day and night. Just pair them with heels and accent jewelry and you're done. Jumpsuits and rompers are perfect if you're really active, but still want to look smoldering at the same time. Since I've already stocked up on my basic black, I'm looking to getting a perfect romper or jumpsuit in orange or blue.


Silk Pleated Jumpsuit $119

Another trend that has returned this summer are embellished military-inspired pieces. I see this trend mostly through tops and outerwear right now. So if you're feeling like sporting some surplus green and brass buttons, than it's the perfect time.



Despite my very real dislike for the military and those melo-dramatic and romantic U.S. Army commercials, I actually really do like brass buttons and some military-inspired pieces when done right. While reading my Rihanna featured W magazine yesterday, I came across a Balmain ad in the back that was absolutely amazing. This Balmain ad has converted me. While I do love the jacket and outfit, I don't think I'm ready to construct an outfit for myself. (Side note: I LOVE Balmain).



If you don't want to go out and buy new items for your summer wardrobe, you can easily find existing colors and prints in your closet that are in. Obviously, white is one of summer's biggest color but really orange is my new favorite. I never really liked orange, and have always associated it with Halloween. But to avoid pairing it with other colors (like black, which would definitely make you look like a Halloween billboard) wear a one piece dress or romper and accent it with brown heeled sandals and gold and blue jewelry.


Ruffles, taffeta and floral and maxi dresses are also trendy this summer.While I utilize ruffles in my everyday wardrobe, I avoid taffeta and floral to prevent myself from looking like I draped myself in my mother's old window furnishings and extra scraps I found in the attic. If you were adventurous and made it look sleek, than perhaps I could be persuaded, but I would rather not look like I'm attending an afternoon picnic in the 50s. There's too much kick ass going inside of me.

Every season Bebe comes out with at least one pair of shoes that I need to have. This season it's their Romy Leather and Raffia Sandals priced at $159. I have this theory that Bebe's magic number is $159. I definitely remember buying my other pair last year for that amount.


Romy Leather and Raffia Sandals $159


Hilary Snake Print Sandals $159


Shop the online catalog:

1 comment:

  1. i like the Bebe Summer 2010 one shoulder chainmail sleeve top (or dress, if wearing it a la Lady Gaga).

    ReplyDelete