Monday, May 17, 2010

Spinning Pole: Last Class

Taking spinning pole classes at Poletential was such a great experience for me. Sunday was the last day out of a 3-day spinning pole clinic. On top of the previous tricks we learned, Amber taught us how to use a split grip to get into a cradle and how to climb beginning with a V/toe twirl.

While I should really master moves on a stationary pole, it's so much more entertaining to practice on a spinning pole. Spinning poles force you to control your movement to conserve momentum and builds your strength because you're just holding a move for a prolonged period of time. I would say the only really difficult part of spinning pole, is getting over motion sickness if you have that problem and being comfortable spinning while transitioning into moves.

Now that this class is over and I only have two more drop-in classes, I have become more motivated to set up my own X-Pole which has been patiently waiting for me. Poor thing.

1 comment:

  1. You must be in fantastic shape and a delight to watch.

    ReplyDelete