Saturday, May 29, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Luxurious Bed Linen & Make-up


I've decided that as a woman I do not exercise my ability to wear lipstick enough. I have counted that I have 4 MAC lipsticks and 3 lip glosses that I never EVER use, not including the one I just bought. After making my somewhat guilty luxurious cotton-sateen Sonoma life + style sheet set (originally $99.99!!), I headed over to the MAC counter at Macy's to buy much needed liquid eye liner. While at the MAC counter, I came to realize that they might still have the VIVAGLAM Gaga limited edition lip stick I tried to get at Nordstrom's months ago. I was lucky and got the very last one (limited edition lipstick - $14.00)!! This shade is by far my favorite one. It gives you the most absolutely subtle pink shade after you apply a coat and purse your lips against a napkin. It's perfect and I'm bringing it with me to Vegas!!

Now lets talk about my new bed sheets! Even though I cannot complain about the eggplant colored Egyptian cotton bed sheets I have now, there was just something off about the duvet and bed sheet combination. I did not feel like my slate grey duvet complimented the dark purple sheets. Instead they looked like they were competing with each other.


I actually discovered these sheets when I went over to a girl friend's house last night. I instantly fell in love with her sheets. I crooned over them to such an extent that she was finally obliged to share some information regarding how she came into possession of them. It turned out that it was a gift from her Mother (and recently too!), and bought at Kohl's out of all places!! At first I doubted this information since the sheets' brands were clearly marked "Sonoma," in which my heart sank because they will charge you an arm and a leg for a book end. But she reassured me that it was a partnership between William Sonoma and Kohl's very much like Vera Wang. Upon closer inspection of the tag I found out that she was right.

I did not lose a day to track down these sheets and make them mine. From the time I dropped her off and the moment I found these sheets I was in perpetual agony. I could not decide whether I absolutely needed these sheets, and of course the answer was NO I DO NOT NEED these sheets. I just WANT them. And I thought I was doing so well with not spending (I can't even think about saving!!). But when it boiled down to it, I could absolutely visualize how well the mauve (BTW I love LOVE mauve right now) would go with my slate grey comforter. What I love most about them is that they have a sheen just like my other sheets. I cold have the visual luxury of satin sheets, but have the physical comfort of cotton sheets! I am so thrilled about how they make my bed look so inviting. At least I can go to sleep knowing that I got them for 50% off the original price ($49.99)! It's not my fault I have a queen sized bed. If I had a smaller bed, I would have no trouble saving money. And in my defense, my younger sister did not think it was a bad purchase (and thankfully she saved me yesterday from making a huge purchase at Forever21!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment