Monday, May 3, 2010

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend



I have observed my mother enough throughout the years to figure out what she likes, but won't buy herself. There are three main stores she shops at frequently, and I mean FREQUENTLY. And those stores are Michael's Arts and Crafts, Home Depot and Macy's. She also loves gardening, peonies, and diamonds.

Last year I made a special trip to San Jose to a nursery that specialized in Peonies, her favorite flower (and has consequently become mine as well. BTW we both started to like peonies before it became the vogue flower). I went all out and came back with two bushes and a tree. She wasn't expecting that at all and was very surprised and pleased. Mission accomplished.

After last year's Mother's Day my mom decided to purchase her own peonies. So now we have an entire backyard full of them. This year I knew that I wanted to get her jewelry, preferably diamonds. As I was coordinating with my sisters on a gift to get her, I found out that my mother had already accomplished purchasing herself jewelry at Macy's. Diamond jewelry. Is she trying to sabotage her day?

It turns out that she bought the jewelry for us! She bought two rings and two necklaces. Since my older sister rejected both rings, I have recently become the owner of a 3-diamond solitaire. We went to Macy's together to re-size it and I can't wait until it gets back!!! I don't ever wear jewelry, but because it's a gift from my mom, contains real diamonds, and is tailored to my finger I think I can make an exception this one time.

Love you mom!

2 comments:

  1. You're such a nice daughter! Is that the ring? Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find the same exact ring online but it's actually really similar. I can't wait for it to be re-sized!!!

    ReplyDelete