Thursday, May 27, 2010

DSquared2: Stripper-influenced Shoes


Last week I was browsing through one of my magazines, (I think it was Glamour, which I don't remember subscribing to so receive these for free) when I stumbled upon one of the outfits showcasing Spring/Summer '10 designer apparel that featured DSquared2 shoes. These heels were special in that every single bit of the shoe looked like a "stripper" shoe on crack. Everything from the black platform, transparent straps and metal studs just screams exotic dance shoes! But these shoes were not made by the well-known stripper shoe brands, Pleaser, Tony Shoes or Ellie. These sandals are actually the creation of identical twin brothers, Dean and Dan Caten, designers of the new high-end fashion label, DSquared2.

What I love about all of DSquared2 shoes is that they have rubber soles that are great for traction. Not enough designers keep comfort and safety in mind when they design shoes for women, which usually means clients have to take it upon themselves to pay for the upgrade out of their own pockets. I usually get rubber soles put on the bottom of my heel and sole of the shoe. It's worth it.


From left, "Lisabeth" Transparent Boot ($1,142), "Lisabeth" Transparent Boot w/ detailed metallic inserts ($1,956.00) and "Lisabeth" Leather Boot w/ detailed metallic inserts ($2,119.00)


Transparent Sandal w/ detailed metallic inserts ($1,301.00), Black leather sandal w/ detailed metallic inserts ($1,392.00).


Transparent pump w/ detailed metallic inserts ($1,118.00), Black leather pump w/detailed metallic inserts ($1,291.00)


Hot pink sandal ($792.00), Neon orange ankle boot ($972.00)

Shoes are definitely the highlight for both DSquared2's menswear and womenswear collections for Spring/Summer '10. Honestly, I don't think it's been a better time to be a man in today's fashion world. The shoes are amazing! I'm absolutely jealous that I can't wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment