Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tuesday Nights in The City


I went out with some co-workers after work last night. Since I value my sleep and work every weekday, I barely ever find myself in this position. BUT I'm very glad that I did go out! Until last night, I was about to give up on San Francisco nightlife. I thought that I saw everything I needed to see and was completely bored. It turns out that maybe I was just going with the wrong crowd on the wrong nights and at the wrong venues.


Last night we planned on getting tacos (Tuesday Tacos!) and drinks, but since we all got off late we didn't make it for the tacos. Strangely, these tacos (and more) were actually being sold inside Rouge NightClub (little Las Vegas...or more like little XS w/o the poles). Before tonight, I always thought Rouge was a very posh nightclub frequented by Asian folks during the weekend. While that may be true, it's a totally different scene on Tuesday nights. And even though I was only there for a brief half hour, I thought it was amazing! There were tons of people, and when I say people, I mean single decent to handsome looking single men. Perfect! And they were definitely my type too. Casual, easy-going, sport-watching men.

After getting into a little trouble at the bar, we went to the MatrixFillmore in the Marina district. I've been here before on a more happening night, but for a Tuesday night the DJ rocked it and towards the morning the crowd was loving the music and dancing. My group of friends had a blast here and we ended up staying here until they basically kicked us out. BTW the pizza across the street at Pizza Orgasmica is delicious! But I'm a fan of pizza and will eat anything that resembles pizza and like it.


So I guess I'll give SF another try. I'm definitely going out this Thursday and Friday! Maybe one of these days I'll work up the nerve to go to a Wednesday amateur night! MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment