Monday, June 14, 2010

3.1 Phillip Lim Optical Frames


I have fallen head over heels for 3.1 Phillip Lim optical frames. After successfully finding a new pair of optical frames at a local colleague-recommended optometrist's office, I decided to bring my little sister to the same office. Before today my little sister has visited countless optometrist's offices to find "the one" this year. Fortunately, the Hiura & Hiura & Han (long I know...) office has a wide selection. They have an extremely high turn over with new styles coming in every week. Even though I just visited them about a month ago, they already have new styles in stock and even new brands they didn't carry before! Their newest additions include Jason Wu, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Derek Lam which are part of the parent group MODO. ALL NEW DESIGNERS!!!!!


I couldn't believe my little sister's luck. I instantly fell in love with the 3.1 Phillip Lim's optical frames. I particularly liked the Meira frames in tortoiseshell, especially since they reminded me of my Rayban Clubmaster sunglasses. Unfortunately, no one else in the office understood the quirky yet sexy look. In reality, there would be no way I would be able to wear the Meira frames with the prescription I have. I would basically have to make a frivolous purchase and buy them out of vanity.


In addition to the 3.1 Phillip Lim frames, I did fall in love with the clear brown MODO frames that look almost exactly like the frames pictured above. While both my sister and I agreed that the frames themselves has integrity on its own without a face to wear them, the lady who worked there thought they looked disagreeable on me. Her exact words were "they look like they wash you out." Although her opinion was on the negative side, it wasn't strong enough to persuade me. In my opinion, I think clear frames are new, sexy and are going to take off in terms of popularity. Thank goodness for great designers!!! I almost forgot to mention that I would definitely wear lipstick with these frames. Always!

My lucky little sister ended up selecting the green tortoiseshell thick-rimmed frames pictured above. Lucky her.

See my Favorite Designers and Fashion Houses page to view more 3.1 Phillip Lim Optical Frames!

No comments:

Post a Comment