Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Calling all 32AA Busts

My newest life-changing discovery is the 32AA bra. Having a close to nothing bust makes it difficult for me to shop in mainstream lingerie retailers such as Victoria's Secret, which caters to basically anybody with a B, C or D cup. Although Victoria's Secret PINK offers 32AA bras, they are offered only online. If you're an avid online shopper, than I suggest you take a look at VS 'newest collection, Victoria, which 32A demi bra fits me like a dream (Victoria Demi Bra shown below, priced at $38). If you'd rather shop in store, VS 'Intimissimi collection runs in European sizes which tend to run smaller. But I stray ...


While unintentionally wandering into American Eagle's Aerie section, PINK's competitor and copycat, I found a box full of 32AA bras in the dressing room! At that point, I have never tried on or even seen a 32AA bra. After trying on all the styles, I found that I preferred the Abigal push-up/convertible bra the most. This bra did what other 32A push-up bras failed to do, make me look bigger, naturally. And I filled in the bra entirely. Unfortunately, there weren ' t any available in the store but AEO was willing to ship them to my place for free! Since I'm a fan of instant gratification, I decided to put off getting the bra to shop for other things in the store instead. I still think of this bra and use it as my standard now for my perfect fitting bra.


Although Agent Provocateur doesn't carry 32AA bras, it is a European lingerie retailer so the sizes run a little smaller. When I tried on the 32A bras at AP (Lace Maiden Bra shown above, priced at $170), I was actually surprised that they fit me so comfortably. These 32A bras are not anything like the ones you find in mainstream retailers. They are a lot more revealing, form-fitting and sensually designed. They are show pieces and works of art. The one shown above actually has a convertible halter strap that just looks delicious. If I ever bought anything from AP, I would most likely frame it and adorn it with garlands.


Lastly, I'd like to add that I've actually heard of a lingerie boutique that specializes in small bra sizes. Lula Lu Petite Lingerie, located in San Mateo, specifically caters to petite women carrying bra sizes ranging from 30AA to 38A. From Yelp reviews I have read that they even carry AAA cup sizes! Even though I have never been to her boutique myself, I highly recommend this boutique as a substitute to Victoria's Secret if you're petite. I've measured girls before who would fit a 30A bra but since VS doesn't carry that size, they would have to settle for the next available size. We shouldn't have to settle!


The owner of the boutique has definitely discovered a niche that is much needed. She has ton of press coverage and the prices are comparable to Victoria's Secret merchandise. The different brands that she carries are Mary Green, Honeydew, Wacoal, L.Z., Biatta, Hanky Panky, The Little Bra Company, Fleur'T, Timpa, Spank, Bodas, Playtex and her own line, Lula Lu Petites. If you're struggling to find a bra that fits you, Lula Lu might be the right place for you!

My Favorite Bras for...

...everyday: Victoria's Secret Biofit & PINK Wear Everywhere Push-Up Bra
...a fuller cup: Victoria's Secret Victoria Demi Bra & American Eagle Abigal Bra

No comments:

Post a Comment