Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tory Burch Flats


I love heels and heeled boots and always have room to add another pair to my collection. While it's really easy for me to purchase a pair of heels in a heartbeat, I'll debate on a pair of sandals or flats until I finally convince myself that I don't or won't wear them. They're just not as appealing to me, especially since they don't add any extra height! In fact, they remind me how incredibly short I am.

In the past I owned one pair of Steve Madden flats, and that's when I was in school and it was practical. They were black and suede, perfect to pair with basically anything. I'm very conservative and practical when it comes to making a purchase like this (one that I don't make often), so I told myself that I needed to get something that would work for more than one occasion. So since I'm returning to school, I decided to take the leap and TRY to find a pair that will last me as long as my last pair (4 years!!!).


So while I was doing "research" on the Nordstrom website in preparation for an upcoming job fair, I stumbled across a pair of new Tory Burch 'Reva' Faux Tortoiseshell Logo Ballerina Flats. It was love at first sight. It combined basically everything I was looking for. They're simple enough to pair with multiple outfits, sophisticated enough for work, have gold accented metal, and come in the new jelly material that's becoming popular for flats. And lets not forget the tortoiseshell. The pattern is classic and they match my tortoiseshell frames!



While I initially planned on making a trip to Nordstrom to just check them out, I ended up going to Bloomingdale's with a friend and found them there. They were everything I thought they would be. I won't lie, just wanting to interact with the cute salesman did push me to buy them.



No comments:

Post a Comment