Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FIDM Orientation

Today was my FIDM orientation at the San Francisco campus. What did I expect? I expected gorgeous women with flawless makeup, salon-styled hairdos and designer apparel with some gorgeous gay men sprinkled into the crowd. Since we were informed that we would be taking our ID photos today as well I thought everyone would try their best to look cute, but I guess some folks don't take fashion school as seriously...that's San Francisco for you! What happened to the superficiality and materialism folks?? How can San Francisco make its mark in the fashion industry if everyone is being lazy?

Well I'm not being fair. I did see some people who tried! Well the highlight of the day was receiving a FIDM canvass tote and FIDM planner! Now I look like an official student! Which is not always a good thing...now when I walk into a store people will automatically see a poor college student! Which I am!

After orientation I rushed to the nearest bar I knew would have the semi-final Holland v. Uruguay playing. Holland won of course! Don't be surprise if Germany plays Holland on Sunday and wins the world cup! I'm predicting it now people!

And after the game I treated myself out to a trip to Bloomingdale's. This department store basically carries the designers that I love that you won't find in Macy's or Nordstrom's. The first floor in San Francisco is like walking into a dream. All you see is shiny floors, neon lights, and light reflecting off of mirrors and display cases. The experience of walking into Bloomingdale's is like none other for me. I found out that in addition to having Jimmy Choo and Louis Vuitton sub-departments, they have Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Alice + Olivia and Aqua (exclusive Bloomingdale's brand) too!  I love all of the Alice + Olivia merchandise and most of the Aqua apparel. Too bad the only people who can afford this stuff are of a generally older generation, when the merchandise is specifically made for the hot, young and restless. I did see a beautiful, silk, sleeveless Aqua tunic with gold bead trim in either black or white ($58). I will return for you! Too bad the FIDM orientation's financial aid speaker's message about budgeting was still stuck in my head and giving me a guilt trip about the Tory Burch Reva flats I just bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment