Sunday, July 4, 2010

SF Nightlife and Music


I keep telling people how bored I am with San Fransisco nightlife, but that's probably because I'm not trying new places. Last night I went out with my girlfriends to a few places I've never been before and of course I had such an amazing time that I'm finding it difficult to do anything today.

We started by going out to dinner at Burger Bar in the Macy's building in Union Square. While I didn't care for their menu, I did enjoy everything else they had to offer. I have to point out the music first of all. All night they were playing dance music (Ruby Skye-esque) and I could not hold still. I almost forgot that we were there to eat and not to dance! They also had these mini television screens in the booths playing sports highlights! I also liked how the place was filled with men. Okay not all of them were uber attractive like the guys I saw at Tuesday Taco night but they were something to look at.

Burger Bar was a great place to start off because the music pumped me up to go party. After dinner we took a cab to Harlot. This was another great stop. Entrance was free and quick and the DJ was playing good music all night (even Satisfaction and Gettin' Over You!), and the decor was so unique. They had the cowhide furniture I love so much and the entire first floor looked like a vampire's lair with a moose horn chandelier, leather reserved seating, sensual nude paintings, and images of sexy women on their tables. Upstairs was cool too, because they did the reverse and everything was white. I would say the crowd is nothing to talk about. I won't be mean. But the bartenders and bouncers were so weird to me that evening. Could you hit on me without making me feel like an idiot? The bartender wanted to shoot water into my mouth directly from the spout...um what about nooo.




So we decided to try Eve "across the street" afterward. While we walking there we could see the line outside and knew we were going to cut (like we always do baby). So we walk with a purpose up to the bouncer and act like we're about to walk in and he asks us if we have stamps, and show him our stamps from the other place. He knows we're trying to cut, but we're cuties and my girlfriend's friend actually knows the people there so we get in. Yay! Eve has a really cool theme going on to, like dark flapper girl and feathers. But the music was a whole other story.

When I heard the music playing I thought I should be somewhere tropical like the Caribbean or at least Miami. Turns out they has live bass and drums (not your regular set, the ones you hit with your hands!) improving along with the DJ. We got into the grove, and I noticed later on how incredibly cute both the DJs were. Drool.

But I have to say that the best DJ of the night was DJ Scene on Wild 94.9, and he's going to be at Infusion at the end of this month! So I guess there's still hope left in this City.

No comments:

Post a Comment